5.25.2005

The Cast.

Two posts in one day. Look out! I thought I would take a minute and talk about the people whose names will probably pop up in my little blogging adventure. Aaron - my husband and favorite person ever. We've been married for almost three years, and it's been the most fun I've ever had. He is extremely funny in a very dry sort of way, has great taste in music, makes excellent breakfasts and is one of the smartest people I know. The Family - my mom Nelda; dad Rick; and sister Chelsea. They are individually awesome and collectively insane. They live in Dallas and I miss them terribly. The Other Family - Aaron's mom Judi; Dad Dan; brothers Chad and Brian and Brian's wife Allison. I couldn't ask for better in-laws - some of my favorite times are just sitting with them and hearing stories about growing up with three boys. Steve and Jessi - our dear friends and partners in crime. Steve used to be the youth pastor at our church and we met them through working with the kids. They just adopted the most amazing little baby on the planet and have one very scary cat. Wendy and Curtis - our first Nashville friends. They are like real actual adults, not kids faking it like I feel we are so much of the time. They are so much fun and we are thankful for friends we can travel with and dig through their cabinets if we need to. Trisha and Jay - Trisha was my first real friend here. She and Jay are tons of fun, and have three of the most adorable children I have ever seen. They all think they are my favorite. Bible Study folks - when we first moved here, we got involved in a couple's bible study through one of Aaron's coworkers. Three years later, we are still together. I love that it's not attached to any particular church, just a gathering of friends to talk about God. Church Friends - due to the above, it took us a while to make actual friends at church. But through working with the youth group, we have met some great people. We are happy to share meals, lives and ministry with these folks, even if some of them do have deer on the wall that I am slightly afraid of. The girls - the group of 8th graders I've been working with for the past two years. It has been an indescribable experience to watch them grow from scared 7th graders to confident high schoolers. They provide insight and perspective that no jaded adult could offer. I am sad they are moving up and away from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home