5.31.2005

Volleyball.

I really, really love volleyball. It is far and away my favorite sport. I never get to play - it's not an easy sport to just throw a game together. But on Saturday at our end-of-the-year bash for the junior high at church, I got to play. A lot. And I loved every minute of it. I especially enjoy teaching people to play. I spent a Saturday a few weeks ago teaching one of the girls to play because she wanted to try out for the high school team next year. She had a lot of natural talent, and I think she could be really good one day. If she would just go to the tryouts. That's right, folks. She missed the tryouts. Good times. But I loved teaching her about the sport. It's hard not to force strategy and plays and fake-outs on a bunch of 7th graders just playing for fun. I would really like to find a way to coach volleyball somehow. Maybe a league or something. I need an outlet for my overwhelming desire to tell people how to do something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home