6.29.2005

I am not the only messy one.

I have been given a bad rep for being the messy one in my marriage. It is widely known in our circle of friends that Aaron is the clean one, and I am not. We are the polar opposite of most of our friends. This is true. However. I think Aaron has unfairly cornered the market on cleanliness. He is a messy boy. He puts cheese on his sandwich and leaves the wrapper on the counter. He eats cereal at night and leaves the bowl (with milk) in the sink. His shoes are everywhere. And I'm okay with that. Because I know at some point one of us will clean it up. No big deal. If I walk into the kitchen and it needs to be straightened and I've got some time, I'm happy to do it. The difference is that I can just clean the kitchen. Or just put the shoes away. Or just Windex the mirror. Aaron cannot. His cleaning the kitchen turns into vaccuuming turns into scrubbing the toilets turns into washing the linens turns into dusting the ceiling fans. All in one random shot. We'll be settled down to watch Hell's Kitchen or Conan, and the next thing I know he's got the scouring pad out. This is where my reputation as the messy one comes from. I am not willing to clean the entire house on a moment's notice. I'll do spot cleaning as needed, but I need to know a big fat cleaning is coming. If you want to clean the entire house top to bottom on a Saturday morning, great. I am there with gloves on. But if you want me to stop reading my Texas Monthly because you're having one of your moments, you are on your own. Just wanted to clear that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home