7.19.2005

The last couple of weeks.

WOW, I am bad at blogging. So the last two weeks have been pretty eventful at the Manes house. The week of July 4 we went to youth camp with the junior high kids at church. It was much fun... I love those kids so much. It was a long week, the first half of which was drenched with rain. Rain days at camp can be horrible or wonderful, and lucky for us we had the greatest camp director of all time, so they were wonderful. It doesn't get much better than diving into a pool of milk to dig out gummy worms with your mouth while the rain pours down. The five funn(i)est things at camp: 1. BLUE-YA! The blue team, on which I played the role of deep and wise sage (scary), took top honors and won the overall competition. They are a fabulously fun and creative group of kids, and it could not have been more fun. Our team is bandito, B-A-N-D-I-T-O! 2. The O-pressed cannot stay O-pressed forever! Kristin and her hilarious monologue about DFJ (Dancin' for Jesus) and thier struggle as the minority in the beatbox community was priceless. We. Will. Rise. Again! 3. The continuing reign of Miss Brandi as the champion of female counselor Basketball Dodgeball. It was close this year - newcomer Shelley was tough competition - but once again I triumphed. Two years running. Bring it. And don't even try to challenge me in Around the Horn, fools. 4. Matt's Barbarian Day. How he talked us into participating, I will never know. But I will tell you that will be the one and only time I eat baked ziti with my hands. 5. The daily counselor trip to QuikMart for lemon ices. Heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home