7.27.2005

Miles the Wonder Dog.

For as long as I can remember, Aaron has wanted us to get a dog. He grew up with them and was convinced that life was not complete sans pets. I, on the other hand, have never had a pet in my life. My sister is violently allergic to anything with fur, and I am grossed out by lizzards and birds, so no pets for us. I suppose we could have had some fish, but given our history, that was probably not the best idea. I felt that, despite my lack of furry friends, my life had been quite nice and the addition of a dog was not neccessary. Over the past few months, however, he started wearing me down. Sending me pictures from PetFinder. Talking about how fun it would be. Coming up with names (my favorite part). And something I never thought would happen, has happened. We have a dog. Miles the Wonder Dog. And Aaron was right. He is wonderful and perfect and I really, really love him. He is so funny. He loves to snuggle, and gets mad if you don't pet him. And not just any petting, it has to be in this specific spot on his stomach. If you try to pet him somewhere else, he'll push your hand down with his paws. He is a face-licker, which I do not love. But my favorite thing he does is this hopping dance on his back legs. He gets really excited when we come home, and if you don't sit down right away so he can flop on his back and get some stomach petting, he stands up on his back legs and starts jumping up and down. It is absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen.
I am now something I never thought I would be. An animal person. Look out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home