7.28.2005

No tears in my beers.

Every weekday, from noon to one, I sit at the reception desk in the lobby to cover Brad's lunch hour. I like that time, because I don't have access to my computer or files and can waste time online. Lately, I've been using this time for blogging, which explains the daily posting I've doing of late. The only downfall my lobby time? The giant TV. It is probably nine feet square, and it plays CMT. All. day. long. Now I may work in country music, but I do not listen to it. I know what my artist is doing, and nothing about anyone else. And I am okay with that. However, for that hour a day, I get a taste of what is going on in the industry. Let me tell you about the videos I have seen while down here. (It's a good thing they put titles and artists in the beginnings of these things, or I would have no clue.) Don't - Shania Twain I don't think anyone really thinks Shania is country music. But this song and video are especially bad. It is boobalicious, with a lot of horseback riding and writhing around on a bathroom floor (gross). Drive - Alan Jackson Okay, you got me. I like Alan Jackson. He is country, and he is good. So there. If Heaven - Andy Griggs This one is especially annoying to me. "If heaven was a pie, it would be cherry?" Please. Goodbye Time - Blake Shelton This one is not so bad, but the sap level is pretty high. It's a painful video to watch, mostly due to the fact that Blake Shelton is a terrible actor with one expression: constipated. And he has bad hair. She Can't Burn Me Now - Del McCoury Band I don't know anything about these guys, but it looks like a bunch of older pickers, which I love. The song is fast-paced and high-pitched. The colors in the video are highly saturated and it seems to be filmed almost stop-motion, so it looks really cool. Pickin' Wildflowers - Keith Anderson This is one that I particulary hate, along with Phil Vassar's "I'll Take That As A Yes" which I'll probably see before my hour is up. This guy has a skeevy look, first of all, complete with unbuttoned shirt and chest hair. It's supposed to look like a jazz club, which I like, except they would never play this song or let this guy sing in a jazz club. I hate videos that revolve around a hot girl and seductive glances, it's so boring. And this guy is not hot, so that girl would not be looking at him in the first place. I have about 15 minutes to go, but I'm going to stop there. I never pay this much attention to these things, and my brain is starting to hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home