8.05.2005

Don't you know, things will change? Things will go your way?

I pay $10 a month for the wonderful service that is Rhapsody. Basically, it is an online jukebox that holds every album ever made. You can search by artist, song title or album title and listen to anything you want. You can also save albums and create playlists. In other words, the greatest invention known to man. I've had Rhapsody for about a year and a half, so my artist list and playlist counts are pretty high. I save every album I listen to and like. I do this for two reasons: so I'll be able to find them again, and to have a record of my taste. This explains why I'm holding on to that Fountains of Wayne album that I will never listen to again. When I first signed up with Rhapsody, I was really excited about the chance to listen to music from my childhood and adolescence. I immediately set up playlists with titles like "Teenybopper Pop" and "Grunge" and "Country girls." (Shut up.) While fun at first, I soon realized that it's a good thing Tiffany didn't have a lifetime career. The phrase "one-hit wonder" was coined for a REASON. This morning, however, I was drawn to the playlist titled "Junior High Music." My junior high years ranged from 1992-1994. These were not the best years for music. Just throwing that out there. But sometimes you just need a little Shai. Some Jodeci. Maybe a bit of Boyz II Men to set the mood. And that need, my friends, is how I found myself rockin' out to Mariah Carey's "Someday" when my big-time country music star boss walked into my office. It was the fast part at the end, and I was singing along to see if I remembered all the words. Muy embarrassing. But just know, I do know all the words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home