8.29.2005

Laaaaaaaaaazy.

We had a slow and lazy weekend. Due to pay schedules, the goal was to spend as little money as possible. I'd say we did a pretty good job. Friday night: We had intended to go to Shakespeare in the Park, but the rain that poured that afternoon prevented it. Instead, we stayed home and did a whole lot of nothing. Aaron and Miles watched football. I made a yellow cake with chocolate icing from scratch (icing too!) I was impressed with myself and Aaron said I did a mighty fine job. That's pretty huge, since that cake from a box is his very favorite thing. Then we played Monopoly until we couldn't take it anymore... no one could build anything and Aaron was taking my money $26 at a time. (Damn you, Pacific Avenue!) Saturday: We were heavy on the lazy today. Slept in, watched the greatest TV of all time (cooking shows on PBS). Cleaned the house. Then we got heavy on the pathetic and sold some clothes to Planet XChange. We made $50! Very impressive. Bought some food, headed home. I can't really remember what we did Saturday night... must have been exciting! I'm sure football, or SNL, or West Wing reruns were involved. OH- we watched Before Sunrise. It was alright... I probably would have liked it more if I'd seen it when it came out. Sunday: went to GracePointe. Came home and ate, then played out our regular Sunday afternoon routine, Aaron took a nap while I read the paper. He left to play Frisbee golf and I painted a lampshade and watched Garden State. Not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon. Last night we were running kind of low on food but Aaron managed to make grilled chicken with brocolli and corn and pasta. Very impressive, and yet another reason why he is the bestest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home