8.18.2005

Random things.

I am frazzled today. I think it would be a bad idea for all involved it I tried to write a coherent entry, so I'm not going to. Instead, I shall make lists.
TEN RANDOM THINGS THAT ANNOY ME
  1. The guys on the second floor who come up to the third floor to use our private bathroom. YOU HAVE A BATHROOM ON YOUR FLOOR. Just because you're embarassed to do your business down there does not mean you need to share it with us.
  2. When the guys from the second floor don't answer the bathroom phone when we call it while they're in there.
  3. Our new neighbors who park both of their cars on the street out front instead of in the driveway in the back. I do not like looking out my window and seeing a giant red pickup truck.
  4. Toby Keith.
  5. People who think tipping is optional.
  6. When people at church treat junior high kids as if they're some kind of subspecies. They are fascinating and creative and smart and loving and a whole lot more accepting of most people than they are of them.
  7. That tiramisu and creme brulee are not fat free and vitamin fortified.
  8. Vanity Fair magazine.
  9. People who are unable to listen to someone talk without interjecting their own, only slightly related, experiences in the matter. Sometimes people just need to talk. They don't care what happened to you.
  10. My wardrobe.

TEN RANDOM THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

  1. Miles the Wonder Dog.
  2. When Aaron gets me a glass of ice water before bed without my asking.
  3. The book on puctuation I got for my birthday. I can't wait to read about someone more frustrated by excessive exclamation point than I am.
  4. The sweet, sweet girls at church who went out of their way to tell me that they are thankful for the time we spent together and they learned a lot from me and sad to see us go but excited about whatever lies ahead for us.
  5. The September issues of magazines with all the fall shopping guides and tips and the pretty pretty pictures.
  6. Getting home after work on an evening where you have nothing to do and can just lay around and be lazy together.
  7. Chai Tea ice cream from Maggie Moo's.
  8. When bad books are still able to create good discussion.
  9. Friends that seem to come out of nowhere and become important in your life very quickly.
  10. Lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home