8.08.2005

Seriously. The beach every day.

What would you do if money was not an issue? I hate that question. It's generally used to "help" figure out what you want to do with your life, what your dream job is. But I find it completely useless. If money was not an issue, I would sleep late every day, then go shopping, then go to the beach, then go out for dinner. Every. Day. Is that a job? Sign me up. We spent a lot of this weekend talking about Aaron's job situation. An opportunity has presented itself, and now he's got a weird decision to make. I've always been slightly jealous of him - he knows exactly what he wants to do. So every decision comes back to this: is it getting me closer to what I want, or further away? Bam. There's your answer. I really struggle with job stuff. I like my job alright, it's interesting and a little creative, which I enjoy. But I don't love that I spend all day working to help someone make money. At the end of the day, it's all about getting her name out there and making her successful. Not exactly what I want my life's work to be. But what do I want it to be? I have no idea. I'm intimidated by business. I'm not terribly ambitious career-wise. I don't have dreams of being a CEO or running the place. I don't want to be responsible for that. I like being an assistant... I don't take my work home with me, I don't have to get all freaked out when the big man is in the office, there's little risk of my making mistakes that cost millions of dollars. It's a simple life. But I know I don't want it to be my life forever. I want to do a lot of things: open an invitation and party planning business, be a stay-at-home mom, work at a job that is helping people or bettering society, learn to cook gourmet meals, build furniture, write for a magazine, lay on the beach all day. I don't love the corporate life. I don't want to sit at a desk all day. I want to stay home and hang out with my dog and read books and DO something. Also - I will never understand why people like Faith Hill. Yuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home