8.31.2005

Things About Me - Part 2

25 MORE THINGS ABOUT BRANDI
  1. I eat the caramel off the top, then the chocolate off the sides, then the cookie part last when eating a Twix.
  2. I finally branched out into the world of pointy-toed skinny heels, and round-toes are back in style this fall.
  3. I have always hated the game Monopoly. Then I got it for my birthday and have beat Aaron three times. Now I love it.
  4. I am the Zoolander of driving – I will go out of my way to avoid making a left turn.
  5. I played basketball, volleyball and ran track in high school. I was okay at the first two, but excelled in track. It was the first time I got to be the star of the team instead of just a bench-warming supporting player. I loved it.
  6. College was an especially wonderful time in my life. Sometimes I miss living in the dorms and having waffles for dinner every night.
  7. I make up songs with very detailed verses about Miles the Wonder Dog.
  8. When I was three, I tripped over a step in my parents’ bedroom and hit my face on their bed frame. I had to get four stitches underneath my eye, and as a result have a small tic-tac-toe board scar. They are the only stitches I have ever gotten.
  9. My five desert island bands are: Waterdeep, Counting Crows, Carole King, Patty Griffin and Weezer. I didn’t list the Beatles because they are a given. All desert islands come equipped with their complete catalog. It's like saying your favorite book is the Bible.
  10. I really love wrapping gifts. It’s my mom’s fault – she is the gift wrap Nazi. I love buying wrapping paper and using funky ribbon and that tape you can’t see. I would love to have a room dedicated solely to gift wrapping like those homes on the tours have. I always have tight creases and folded corners (thanks Mom!)
  11. I hate coffee and most hot drinks. I can drink hot tea if it is tempered with milk.
  12. When I was in high school, my friend Melanie’s mom would buy root beer and keep it in the fridge just for me.
  13. My favorite book is Till We Have Faces by CS Lewis, followed closely by Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner.
  14. I played percussion in the band in junior high. I really liked it and was pretty good, but I succumbed to peer pressure and quit in high school to focus on sports. Good plan, as I use my track-running skills on a daily basis.
  15. When I am a rockstar, my first single will be “Everybody’s Guilty” by Waterdeep. I am meant to stand on stage and sing that song.
  16. I have a real soft spot in my heart for junior high girls. It is such a crucial time in your life, and I feel like my ministry is with them. You start defining who you are, who your friends are, what you believe and how you make decisions during that stage, and anything I can do to help them form a foundation for those decisions is very important to me.
  17. I love to work those logic puzzles with the grid where you mark things with X’s and O’s until you’ve got the answer.
  18. I met Aaron on the internet. We were in the same chat room in the fall of 1998 and he and a friend were talking about a girl I knew. I started talking to him and we stayed in touch for a long time after that via email and IM. Over time we realized that we’d grown up within 5 minutes of each other, had many mutual friends and had been in the same place at the same time a freaky number of times. Our first in-person meeting was not planned… I was at a concert with some friends. One girl, a friend of a friend, had gone to high school with Aaron and we had figured out that we both knew him. At the show, she pointed him out to me. I had no idea he was going to be there. I walked over and introduced myself, and we both kind of looked at each other before quickly making excuses to leave. Very awkward. We stayed in touch after that and had several strange coincidences before we really started hanging out in person. We went on our first date four days before he moved to Nashville. We dated long distance for two and a half years before we got married.
  19. I used to have a recurring nightmare. I was running down a hill that was covered with snakes, and I was jumping over them. A guy with a giant cardboard box was chasing me. The box was full of snakes, and he was throwing them at me as I ran.
  20. Growing up, the 45-minute drive to my mom’s parents’ house felt like it took a thousand hours. We lived for that stop at the convenience store for soda and candy on the way out of town. Somehow, Dr. Pepper from that store always tasted better.
  21. During early morning basketball practice in high school, I would fake nauseous feelings to get to go to the bathroom for a while and get out of practice.
  22. I was the editor of my high school yearbook and my college newspaper.
  23. I got to see the Normals live several times before they broke up. I didn’t realize how big of a deal that is until they decided to do a reunion show in Nashville and people started making plans to fly from all over the country to see it. Luckily, the show is in Nashville, so I’ll be there with bells on.
  24. My dream job is to own a stationery and paper store that also plans weddings and events.
  25. I can’t wear hats. My head is deceptively large and most hats are way too small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home