10.28.2005

Four GOOD things and one not-so-good...

  1. We had a wildly successful dinner party last night, for which I am very thankful. I always panic when I cook food for other people… I have zero kitchen confidence, so when people compliment my cooking I always think they’re lying. But even I have to admit that last night was GOOD. Good food, good friends that we don’t see nearly enough. It was a great night.
  2. Aaron’s birthday is TUESDAY! On the off chance that he actually reads this, I can’t explain why I am so very excited about this. But trust me, it is GOOD.
  3. I got to talk to my sister-in-law Allison today. She is fabulous, and we don’t talk nearly enough. I never thought Aaron’s brother Brian would marry anyone I could be friends with, but Allison and I are scarily similar and I am so happy to be related to her. Having another sane person in the family is definitely GOOD. I don’t usually wish we lived in Texas, but I would love to be in Austin and be able to spend more time with them. Plus, she sent me the link to my favorite Saturday Night Live clip, for which I am eternally grateful.
  4. Tomorrow we are hitting up the fabulously expanded Green Hills Mall with Steve and Jessi. Z Gallerie, the new big fat Davis Kidd, CHEESECAKE FACTORY. And in the spring we’ll have both a Kiehl’s store and a SEPHORA, which is super GOOD. If we get a Crate and Barrel in Nashvegas, I’m going to be out of reasons to go back to Dallas.
  5. The men in my office have spent most of the day listening and talking about Carrie Underwood. This is not GOOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home