11.09.2005

Ick.

Today is one of those days that is just… meh. The kind of day where you look forward to your lunch in the park, only to have it rain during your lunch hour (and only your lunch hour). Where you finally feel like you’re on top of things in the office, only to have dropped the ball on something you thought was long over. The kind of day where your hair is just a little too messy, your shirt is just a little too short, your office is just a little too hot. Days like these really get me down. I am much better at big problems than I am at minor annoyances. When something big happens, I can deal with it, because I know that sometimes bad things happen and everyone has to deal with the big stuff. But the little things… the little things make me feel like I’m not very good at regular life. Like I just can’t get it together. Like everyone else is in on some life secret, and I’m standing outside the circle, fumbling to keep the balls in the air while the rest of the group juggles seamlessly. Sometimes I think days like this happen for a reason. We start to feel like we’ve got it together, like we can do it on our own, and we get a reminder of how completely inept we are. It’s probably good for me to be reminded of my desperate need for grace and mercy. And hopefully, I’m starting to understand that a little better with each meh day. I just wish my hair looked okay in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home