11.17.2005

Things I learned on my sick day.

  1. The hours go by much faster when you’re sick than they do when you’re at work. I had big plans for my sick day: making out my Thanksgiving shopping list, working on our Christmas gifts, giving myself a pedicure. Not a single thing got done.
  2. Buying a sofabed was an excellent decision.
  3. If you don’t have cable, there is no good TV between the Ellen show at 11 and Seinfeld reruns at 6.
  4. Miles the Wonder Dog is an excellent caretaker.
  5. Life is good when you have friends who will bring you milk, magazines, Gilmore Girls DVDs and flu medicine.
  6. Watching the 1st season of Gilmore Girls makes watching the current season really difficult.
  7. I don’t like popcorn.
  8. From Real Simple: Putting a sweater in the freezer for several hours will keep it from shedding all over your pants.
  9. From Martha Stewart: Adding boiling milk to mashed potatoes will make them smooth and creamy.
  10. My sweet husband knows that the best sore throat medicine is a heaping bowl of ice cream.
  11. Blue Bell’s Great Divide Ice Cream is genius. It’s like Neopolitan without that wall of strawberry that everyone avoids.
  12. Talking to your mom always makes you feel better.

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 10:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I've decided that we're long lost best friends from the womb. You avoid the strawberry too?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home