12.08.2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Well, the holidays are officially upon us. I just realized that I have one free evening between now and when we leave for Dallas. Scary. This weekend will be a fun one… my first official RMFO get-together, and the fabulous Andrew Peterson Christmas show. This will be my fourth year to attend the concert, and it is by far my favorite Nashville tradition. This year we potentially have backstage passes, which is almost more than I can handle. These artists mean so much to me; their music has been the soundtrack to my life for several years. I’m really excited to meet them, but am sure I’ll make a fool of myself and embarrass my husband. It’s what I do. Tonight is my big-time baking night. I’ll be making cookies for a cookie exchange as well as for gifts at the office. In addition, I’m making a chocolate-peppermint cake that I’ve never done before, but it sounds amazing so I’m giving it a go. I also need to do some last minute straightening before the dotnet girls start arriving on Friday. Aaron is really excited about having three girls he’s never met stay three nights in our house, let me tell you. (Actually, I think he is excited. He loves having people over, even his wife’s random internet friends.) After this weekend, it’s just four working days and two Christmas parties before we blow this joint. I’m ready to go home… this is the first year we’ve gone from Christmas to Christmas without visiting Texas. I miss it. I miss my parents’ house, with the giant Christmas village and the Homies and the Santa paper. I miss the Manes house, too, with the abundance of singing Christmas decorations and the scary wreath and Fox News on 24/7. (Okay, so maybe I don’t miss that.) I’m looking forward to catching up with old friends and shopping the way you can only in Dallas. When it’s over, I’ll be glad to come back to Nashville, to regular life and everyday friends. But this time of year makes me truly glad to have two homes.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 06:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends like ME! Dallas and I are waiting for yoU!!!! :) I'm sad I can't be there this weekend. :( If only it were one more weekend away.. just one more payday... :sigh:

 
At 12/12/2005 03:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for everything Brandi. :) You are delightful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home