12.05.2005

Just say no to matching flannel pants.

While doing a bit of Christmas shopping at Old Navy this weekend, Aaron and I came across a couple in the pajamas section. They were wearing matching outfits – jeans and grey fleece vests. We were shopping near them and overheard their conversation. WIFE: Look! They have these blue ones with Santa Clauses for men and women. We can both get some! HUSBAND: Great! Do they have my size? WIFE: And we can get a pair for Ashley too. The whole family will match. Aaron and I have a long-running joke about things we would never do. For example, if I see a woman wearing a Christmas sweatshirt and matching earrings and matching shoes and matching purse, I say, “Will you still love me when I dress like a Christmas tree?” The question has taken on many forms, depending on the particular atrocity we come across. Will you still love me when I start calling waitresses ‘sugardoll’? Will you still love me when I display stuffed animals in my car windows? So while standing in Old Navy, observing the look of horror on Aaron’s face, the following conversation took place. BRANDI: Will you still- AARON: No. Didn’t even let me get the question out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home