1.19.2006

I repeat, do not eat the Smart Ones.

As part of my healthy eating plan, I’ve started bringing my lunch to work. I’ve never been good at meal planning, so while the idea of making something at home and bringing it in sounds good, it’s not happening. Leftovers? Sure. But not a whole new meal made in advance. Now, I’ve never been a big fan of the frozen meal. Especially the meat in those things… it kind of grosses me out. But on a whim at the grocery store I headed over to the frozen foods aisle. When I got there, a large, loud woman was blocking most of the freezer doors with her cart and herself. She was very kind, though, (loudly) informing me that if I bought twelve Lean Cuisines, I would save five dollars. I did not buy twelve Lean Cuisines, but I did follow this woman’s advice on which ones were good. I also believed her when she told me that they are the best brand of low-fat/calorie frozen meals, or, as she put it, “Them Smart Ones is nastay.” So far I’ve had cheese ravioli, a roasted veggie pizza and a southwest chicken panini. Y’all. They are so good. I mean, amazingly good. The ravioli was yummy, and with the salad I brought in it made a great and filling lunch. But the pizza and the sandwich? Awesome. And fascinating… how does bread cooked in the microwave come out crispy? HOW? I can’t imagine. But it does, y’all. It’s soft and crispy and not at all soggy or chewy. It’s fabulous. Fabulous. Go buy some.

1 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

also try the sesame chicken and the roast chicken,,,,,papaw just discovered them for me and i love them too....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home