1.26.2006

Miles the Wonder Dog is a master trickster.

Can I just say? I am so Miles’ favorite. I mean, there is no contest. No question. No tie-breakers. That dog loves me the mostest, and Aaron is a distant second. Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery distant. I can't even see him from here. When we are watching TV, he always chooses me for some snuggle action. It doesn’t matter where I’m sitting, that’s where he wants to be. He’s especially fond of trying to get in my lap when I’m reading something… that’s sitting in my lap. He’ll flop right down on top of my newspaper or get in between me and the magazine. He knows that thing is getting my attention, and HE WANTS IT. Last night I was on the sofa and Aaron was in the chair, and Miles was (of course) asleep in my lap. I moved my leg and woke him up. After giving me the MILES THE WONDER DOG LOOK OF DEATH, he walked down my leg to the end of the sofa. Aaron then tried to persuade him to come over to the chair. (This, by the way, might be my second favorite Miles trick.) Aaron: Miles, come here! *pats the ottoman* Come here, Miles! Miles: (thinking) Is he crazy? He is so my second favorite. Brandi: He’s not coming. I’m the favorite. Aaron: Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles. Come here, buddy. Miles: (looks at me, thinking) Watch this. Then he jumps off the sofa and runs toward the chair. Aaron gets ready for him to jump up, and… he doesn’t. It’s a total fakeout. He makes Aaron think he’s coming for some cuddling, but he’s not. He’s doing a 180 and heading right back to me. Because my dog does some sweet tricks. And I am the favorite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home