1.02.2006

So this is the new year...

I’m back in Nashville. I’ve never been so happy to say four words in my life. Christmas in Texas was good… frazzled, but good. We stayed too long, like we always do. The trip there was eventful, the trip back was much of the same. But we made it. We’re home. Home. This was the first year I truly felt like I was visiting Texas going home to Nashville, instead of the other way around. This trip solidified that my real life is here, in Tennessee. We drove back on Friday, then threw together a New Year’s Eve party for Saturday night. After spending two weeks with family and friends from the past, it was nice to sit and catch up with our friends of today. Our Nashville family. Home. 2005 was a good year for me, a settling year. It was the first year of our marriage where nothing really changed… from January to December we had the same jobs, drove the same cars, lived in the same house. It’s a little scary, when the big things settle down and regular life begins. I thought for sure I’d be bored by now, that I’d need a big life change soon. But I’m going to try holding still for a while. Enjoy the life I have rather than looking for what’s next. Married life was great this year. I can see us starting to find our groove, really becoming an ‘us’. Today is the anniversary of our first date, six years ago. We saw Fantasia 2000 at the IMAX and Aaron held my hand and we talked about being on yearbook staff all the way home. Then he kissed my teeth. It was a good day. I don’t know how we went from two college kids trying to figure out what life should look like to married home-owning professionals with a dog, but here we are. It’s been a good road so far, and I’m thrilled to see where it’s headed. So here’s to 2005. It was a good one.

3 Comments:

At 1/02/2006 01:21:00 PM, Blogger Kari said...

How long have you guys been married, Brandi?

 
At 1/03/2006 07:53:00 AM, Blogger Brandi said...

We got married in July of 2002, so 3-1/2 years. They've all been good ones, but this one was different somehow.

 
At 1/03/2006 09:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . why did he kiss your teeth ? . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home