2.15.2006

A day of looooooooooooooove...

Aaron and I started a new Valentine’s Day tradition this year. Can something be a tradition if you’ve only done it once? Or do we only have the intention of starting a tradition at this point? Anyway, here’s what we do. We get takeout from Pei Wei (lettuce wraps, honey chicken and ginger beef and broccoli). Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (plain for Aaron, tiramisu for me). And then we buy presents. We go to Target. We each get $10 and 20 minutes to find a gift for the other. Rules: Nothing Valentines-y. Nothing from the dollar section. No gift cards. GO! I admit, I thought the whole thing might end up being kind of lame, even though it was my idea. But it wasn’t! It was So. Fun. Like being on a secret mission. You have to be on the lookout for the other person… you can’t have them seeing your surprise! Really, really fun. I got Aaron Forrest Gump on DVD and a bag of peanut M&Ms.
He got me a book journal and notebook, Reece’s Pieces and Airheads. And, of course, Captain Badass, overlord of the shady Tennessee sequin mining racket and uncle (by marriage) to the reeb. (Please note how Miles the Wonder Dog, who will never let me take his picture, is in every shot. Attention whore.) So then we sat and ate, and the food was of course fabulous. I. Love. Pei Wei. We ordered way too much food, so we saved the cheesecake for tonight. Woo-hoo! And Miles, of course, was desperately interested in what was happening on the table, and did everything in his power to be involved somehow. (Sorry for the scary eyes! That's just what he looks like. I don't know what to tell you.)

Then, today, I got a package in the mail from my parents. My dad found what is possibly the greatest card of all time, especially coming from him. In fact, I think Hallmark might of ripped him off a bit. He needs to buy this card in bulk and send it out for every occasion, always. I also got a poem from my mom, a two-line piece of awesomness, that reads: Roses are red, Violets are blue This is all Mom sent – woo hoo Happy Valentine’s Day!

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 03:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the cutest thing ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home