2.17.2006

The disappearing nature of the people we have been...

I am, as a general rule, a social person. I love other people. If you invite me to a party, I’m there, and I’m bringing the wine. And I love, Love, LOVE having people over. Even though it stresses me out that my house isn’t big enough and we don’t have enough chairs and why do I invite people over for dinner when we all know I can’t cook what if I poison all of our friends then WHO WILL COME OVER FOR DINNER????? But it works out, every time, including the part where everyone doesn’t die. But as of late I have not been feeling very social. As in, not social at all. As we speak, I’m trying to figure out how to get out of seeing a movie with a couple of people tonight. Aaron’s got a thing tonight, so I’m on my own. We’re supposed to meet for dinner and see a movie afterward, and I am just not interested. I’m in for dinner, but I am currently working through a list of excuses as to why I’ll be bailing afterward. I think being social is a lot like everything else – the more you do it, the more you want to do it. With the change in churches and the dissolution of our bible study this past summer, our weekly activities have dwindled down to almost nothing. We used to be out three or four times a week, and now we’re at home most evenings. When we were gone so much, spending time with people, we were making lots of weekend plans and keeping ourselves really busy. But now that the bulk of our time is spent just the three of us at home, I’m getting used to that. I prefer time at home. Except I don’t really think I do. I miss being busy. I miss having a full schedule and being around people all the time. But the things in our lives that kept us busy are gone, and our current situation hasn’t really provided a new social circle. And so, we’re at home. A lot. I think I’m getting bored. But I clearly haven’t reached my breaking point, as I am still trying to figure out how to be less social and spend more time at home this very evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home