3.14.2006

I am scattered today.

Sephora opens on Friday! Very exciting. Becka and I will be hitting up the sneak preview on Thursday. Free samples! Today, while I was enjoying lunch at Joey’s House of Pizza, a girl from the salon next door came in, ordered lunch, paid, and left. Then the woman at the register (who I believe is Mrs. Joey) started FREAKING OUT behind the counter. Yelling and slamming down the pizza slice picker upper thing. Then she gets on the intercom and tells the whole restaurant, “The girls at Carol G’s STEAL from me all the time! If you eat here, DO NOT GO TO CAROL G’S THEY ARE THIEVES.” How the girl was able to steal from her and get away with it I do not know, but I already have a salon so I’m siding with Mrs. Joey. Having the girls in the house has been really fun. It’s nice to be reminded what it’s like to be just graduating from college and on the edge of real life, full of plans and ideas and dreams. It’s also a bit of a reminder of what it was like to live in a dorm… our guest room doesn’t know what hit it! But Julie is a joy as always, and the friends she brought are delightful. I guess it’s a good thing I think so, since from the sound of it at least two of them will be back here in the summer! It’s been fun to show them our city and take them to all the best places. Nashville’s not a hard sell. I can’t believe I wasn’t watching Arrested Development when it was on. I just didn’t know. We’re well into the second season on DVD now, and it is by far the funniest thing I have seen in a very long time. We can’t watch them fast enough. And so far, it hasn’t stopped being funny when Aaron puts his hands on my shoulders and says, “Hey, brother.” Neko Case: what do you people know about her? I feel like I’d heard of her before, but never listened until Rhapsody recommended her to me. I think I love her. She has the right combination of country and funky and awesome that I love. I don’t have anything to read. I’ve started a handful of books in the last week, but nothing is sticking. I need inspiration. T-minus 2-1/2 weeks until the big wedding. I have my rehearsal dinner outfit put together (even though I’m still not exactly sure what “texas casual dress” means), I’m getting my bridesmaids dress pinned up tomorrow, and I found really awesome strappy black shoes to go with it. I’m set. Except the part where I don’t have a date. Why did Steffanie have to plan her wedding the same week as GMA? Blech. We had our first game last night in the 4-on-4 volleyball league. I think we have a pretty good team, but we got smoked last night. It was our first time playing together as a team, so we had a bit of a rough start. And of course we played the best team in the league. They had this kind of goofy looking guy who would come out of stinking nowhere with these huge blocks and serves. We were not ready. But we will be, next time. Look out.

1 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

This is what I'm saying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home