8.26.2005

Aaron was here!

Mmmmm... food. The last Thursday of each month, we get together for dinner with the folks in our now-defunct Bible study. So far we've only done it twice, but each time it's been wonderful and I am already looking forward to the next one. Last night we had dinner at the Hansen's. Erik and Amanda are two of the coolest people I know, and they have three of the most adorable children I have ever seen. I think the reason I am drawn to them is because they have three kids, but they don't take over their lives. We don't spend all night talking about them. Amanda stays at home, but she's never been that stereotypical frazzled mom I know too many examples of. Erik is terribly smart and always funny. They are a joy to be around, and we see way too little of them. Plus, they're from Texas, so they ROCK. They would have completely been in had I thrown the party I wanted to when Blue Bell came to Tennessee. Erik and Amanda's oldest son, Kai, has always been oddly attached to Aaron. We think this stems from the first time they came to our house, when Aaron carried him around all night and fed him potato chips. From then on, every time we saw them he was thrilled to see Aaron. Last night was the first time we'd seen Kai in several months... I can't even remember the last time. When we arrived, he met us at the door. He was so big! I hardly recognized him. He was playing shy for a while, but then warmed up to Aaron a bit before going to bed. Today we got the following email from Amanda: "This morning when Kai woke up, he said, "Where did the friends go?" I told him that the friends went home and he smiled and said, "Aaron was here!" You are quite the celebrity around here!" LOVE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home