2.22.2006

... or get off the dryer!

Holy moly, people. I am so bored. It’s been a long time since I’ve been bored at work. 2006 thus far has been really busy, and I’ve been working on some creative projects, so things have been good. I got past my one-year mark at this place with only a minor what-am-I-doing-with-my-life freakout. That is big, y’all. But today, wow. Bored. We turned in a huge project yesterday afternoon, and I think we’re all just exhausted from the effort of getting it out the door. I even came in on a SUNDAY to get that bad boy finished up. And can I just say? It is fabulous. The best thing we’ve done so far. Two thumbs up. I had lunch earlier than usual today, too, which is adding to the extreme length of the afternoon. I feel like it’s time to go, but it’s only 3:00. The idea that I have at least 2-1/2 hours to go is not a happy one. So, because I have the time, I’m going to tell you a completely random story about my brother-in-law that his wife told us the other day. It had me doubled over in laughter, but somehow I’m thinking you won’t find it as funny. But I’m telling it anyway. One night last week, BIL was having a dream. This dream involved, in some way, doing laundry. (I KNOW. Laundry. Who dreams about laundry?) At some point in the middle of the night, and apparently during the laundry dream, BIL got up to use the bathroom. So he gets up and kind of stumbles toward what he believes to be the bathroom. Both SIL and BIL confirm that he was TOTALLY ASLEEP when this was going down. As I’m sure you can guess, he does not find the bathroom door. At all. Instead, he finds the bedroom door and heads out into the hallway, then opens another door that he thinks is the bathroom. And begins to relieve himself. Into the dryer. The DRYER, y’all. It was then that my SIL woke up and saw what was going on. She, understandably, flipped out. (She did not, however, burn the dryer. Which is what I would have done.) She woke him up, led him to the actual bathroom, made him clean up, and they went back to bed. At this point in SIL’s telling of the story, Aaron interrupted her with a question only a guy would think of: How did he get it in there? I, being completely unfamiliar with using the bathroom while standing up, did not really understand the question. (And this is way more than I have ever talked about pee in my LIFE.) It turns out he had to sit down in the hallway to make the process more easy. Much more practical than, say, using a toilet. To recap: BIL, in the midst of a laundry dream, woke up in the middle of the night to PEE IN THE DRYER. SIL did not destroy the dryer. (That part’s not really relevant, just gross.) In the same conversation, BIL and Aaron discussed the recent breakup of the other brother and his girlfriend, who we all met and loved over the holidays. Girlfriend, apparently, was ready for the serious, and OB was not. BIL, in passing, said he’d had a “sh*t or get off the pot” moment. To which SIL yelled out, “OR THE DRYER!” I thought it was funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home